The LEADER approach in Georgia
The LEADER approach in Georgia has been running since 2016 and today gathers 15 Local Action Groups.
The organization that unites Georgian LAGs is the Georgian Association of Local Action Groups (GALAG).
The LEADER Network paid a visit to Georgia between August 16-20 with the aim to:
- Build partnership with the omoleague Network — GALAG;
- To get acquainted with the results of the activities of 3 LAGs:
- Local Action Group Kazbegi
- Local Action Group Tetriscaro
- Local Action Group Aragvi
- Learn more about the LEADER perspective in Georgia and get acquainted with the organizations that support and promote LEADER in Georgia:
- People in Need Georgia
- Action Against Hunger
One of the most important moments of the visit was a meeting with representatives of the Ministry of Environmental Protection and Agriculture of Georgia. At the moment, the Ministry of Georgia is developing the principles and criteria of the LEADER approach, which will be included in the LEADER program for rural development. In turn, the president of the National LEADER Network in the Republic of Moldova spoke about the processes of launching the National LEADER Program in the Republic of Moldova. The parties agreed on mutual support in the processes to promote the LEADER approach in both countries.
The visit was organized in the frame of the project “LEADER approach for rural prosperity in Moldova” project is financed by the European Union and Polish Aid, managed by Solidarity Fund PL in Moldova and National LEADER Network in the Republic of Moldova. Strategic partner — the Ministry of Agriculture, Regional Development and Environment.